Belarus Digest is recruiting new authors
Belarus Digest seeks talented authors.
Most of the materials written for Belarus Digest are contributed by a regular team of authors. However, Belarus Digest welcomes contributions from other authors and is constantly expanding its core team.
Whether a summary of a recent policy paper or a PhD dissertation, sharing Belarus-related experience or a personal opinion—the texts should conform to the general style of Belarus Digest.
- The texts should deal with current problems and events which affect Belarus or Belarus-related policy-making.
- The piece should be in English and should not be overly technical or theoretical, but practical and engaging.
- Belarus Digest presents research results in a concise manner and encourages submission of short texts. The length should be less than 1,000 words.
- The authors are requested to provide a sentence or two summarising the contribution’s key message in the first two paragraphs.
- Texts should be accompanied by 6-8 keywords (free tags) which summarise the key themes of the paper.
Authors should include 3-4 subheadings.
- The authors are asked to follow older posts as a precedent for style, e.g. no footnotes, similar use of subheadings, a short title, short sentences and paragraphs.
- All accepted texts are subject to editorial revision and English language proofreading.
Belarus Digest is a leading English-language periodical covering Belarusian politics, economy, society, security and culture. Authors are expected to contribute 3-4 articles per month and are offered competitive pay rates.
Please, send a brief CV and an English-language writing sample to email@example.com by 31 January 2016.
For more information, please, click here.