6th South Caucasus Regional English Language Teaching Conference in Georgia
The 6th South Caucasus Regional English Language Teaching Conference in Tskaltubo, Georgia, on October 3-4, 2014, is organized in collaboration with the U.S. Embassy Kyiv Regional English Language Office, U.S. Embassies Baku, Yerevan, Minsk and Chisinau.
The conference will become a networking and sharing platform for English Access Microscholarship Program teachers, E-Teacher Program alumni, Department of State Office of English Language Program webinar participants, and active English teaching professionals. Participants will present and share their teaching experience. Department of State English Language Fellows and Specialist will conduct workshops on advanced EFL/ESL methods for secondary and tertiary level.
The program will address the following themes:
- using technology in the EFL Classroom,
- teaching English to young learners,
- integrating across skills in EFL,
- teaching English for specific purposes,
- considerations for EL assessment,
- developing intercultural communication,
- integrating across methodology in ELT,
- critical thinking approach in ELT,
- teaching writing techniques.
Working Language: English.
Participants from Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan can apply:
- complete Registration/Presentation Form;
- write a one-page statement explaining your teaching philosophy and why you would be a valuable participant or presenter at the conference, maximum 250 words;
- e-mail these two documents to your country coordinator at GumberidzeL@state.gov by August 31, 2014.
More information - tel.: +995 32 227 78 89.