Abel Visiting PhD Scholarship Program in Mathematics
The Niels Henrik Abel Board and the International Mathematical Union invite applications from mathematicians professionally based in developing countries to visit an international research collaborator for a period of one month. The period is extendable for up to three months in the case of matching support from the host institution.
The program is designed for post doctoral mathematicians in the early stages of their professional careers.
Applications from women mathematicians are strongly encouraged.
- hold at the time of application a PhD in Mathematics,
- be based in a developing country at the time of application,
- hold a position in a university/ research institution,
- be in the early stages of their professional careers (the applicants should: a) not yet be of full professorial rank but have a working contract in a university/ college, b) be under 40 years of age at the day of the application deadline),
- applicants should be born on or after April 30, 1975 (the maximum age may be increased by up to 3 years in the case of an individual with a broken career pattern (applicants should be born on or after April, 30, 1972), this should be noted in the application together with the reason for the broken career pattern).
Deadline is April, 30, 2015.
The grant will cover health insurance, visa cost, all travel (economy flights or equivalent) and living expenses including accommodation for one month for up to a total maximum amount of USD 5 000 per mathematician.
Each application must include:
- a CV with a list of recent publications,
- a research plan for the visit,
- an official invitation from the institution of the international research partner (if the letter of recommendation is not written by the international research partner (the host), the application should include a statement from the host approving the research plan),
- 1 letter of recommendation,
- a copy of the PhD certificate,
- a statement about the current employment status/ position in the home institution.
For more information, please, visit the official webpage.