Applications open for Global Teacher Prize
The Global Teacher Prize is an annual one million dollar award from the Varkey GEMS Foundation to be given to a super-special teacher. One innovative and caring teacher who has made an inspirational impact on their students and their community will receive the reward of a lifetime.
If you’re a teacher currently teaching children in a compulsory setting or between the ages 5-18, you can apply today. If you know a teacher who deserves to win the Global Teacher Prize, you can nominate a teacher. The contest is open to teachers from around the world.
Applicants of the prestigious Global Teacher Prize will be judged based on a rigorous set of criteria aimed to identify an extraordinary teacher. The Academy will look for evidence of:
- recognition of a teacher's achievements in the classroom and beyond from pupils, colleagues, head-teachers or members of the wider community,
- preparing children to be global citizens in a world where they will encounter people from many different religions, cultures and nationalities,
- employing innovative and effective instructional practices,
- contributing to public debates on raising the bar of the teaching profession, whether through writing articles, blogs, media participation, social media campaigns, events or conferences,
- encouraging others to join the teaching profession.
1. Special Commendation for outstanding applicants in each region;
2. An invitation to the Global Education and Skills Forum 2015 in Dubai as one of 10 Finalists;
3. The Global Teacher Prize of US$1 million;
Deadline is October 5, 2014. For more information, please, visit the official website.