Apply for Chevening Scholarships
The Chevening Secretariat is accepting applications for 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarships via www.chevening.org/apply from 3 August until 3 November 2015.
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to individuals with strong academic backgrounds who also have demonstrable leadership potential. The scholarship offers financial support to study for a Master’s degree at any of the UK’s leading universities and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 44,000 alumni.
There are approximately 1,500 Chevening Awards on offer for the 2016/2017 academic cycle. These scholarships represent a significant investment from the UK Government to develop the next cohort of global leaders.
To be eligible for a Chevening Award, you must, among other requirements:
• Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country, and intend to return there for a minimum of two years after your Chevening Award has finished.
• Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme ar a UK university.
• Have completed at least two years' work experience before applying. This can include voluntary work and paid or unpaid internships.
• Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 14 July 2016
• Provide two reference letters in English while submitting the application.
• Apply to three different eligible UK university courses (unless otherwise specified in your award category) and receive at least one unconditional offer for one of the three courses by 14 July 2016.
Make sure you read the information on http://www.chevening.org/belarus/ and the Chevening Programme terms and conditions.
Belarusians have been taking part in the Chevening programme for over 20 years. Priority areas for this application cycle will be:
• Economics, Finance, Business;
• Journalism and Media Management;
• Political, Social Studies and Law;
• Public Administration;
• Education and Youth Organisations Management and Governance.
Source: UK Embassy in Belarus