Belarus in Focus 2015: Journalism Competition
Ukrainian crisis, presidential elections, and Sviatlana Alexievich’s Nobel Prize award have become important reasons for international media to pay attention to Belarus. Are you interested in Belarus? Have you written articles about this country in 2015? If the answer is "yes" then Belarus in Focus 2015 is for you. Your articles about Belarusian politics, economy, international relations, culture will be evaluated by an international jury consisting of top media professionals.
Please, send your articles published between 1.01.2015 and 31.12.2015 and translated to English, which is the main language of the competition. However, jury members will also be able to read your articles in German, Spanish, French, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Bulgarian, Ukrainian, and Russian.
Winners will receive:
• x3 prizes of 500 EUR (for professional journalists - over 3 years of experience),
• x3 prizes of 300 EUR (for beginner journalists - under 3 years of experience).
All the winners of the competition will be invited to a two-day workshop with members of the jury, international experts, and journalists. Besides, a selected person will be able to visit the editorial office of The Guardian in London.
- Michael Andersen, Director of MYMEDIA (Denmark),
- Judith Soal, Editor of the Guardian’s New East Network (UK),
- Michal Janczuk, Head of Belsat TV Minsk office (Belarus),
- Ellie Haworth, Head of Projects at BBC Media Action (UK),
- Michal Potocki, Editor of Dziennik Gazeta Prawna (Poland).
To submit your application, please, click here. Deadline: January 19, 2016.