Belarus in Focus 2016 - International Journalism Competition
Belarus in Focus Information Office in partnership with Press Club Belarus announces Belarus in Focus 2016 – 6th edition of an international competition for journalists writing about Belarus in international media.
Are you interested in Belarus? Have you written articles about this country in 2016? If the answer is "yes" then Belarus in Focus 2016 is for you. This year the competition takes place for the sixth time.
Belarus in Focus Information Office accepts articles about Belarusian politics, economy, international relations, culture, and everything related to Belarus. The articles will be evaluated by an international jury consisting of top media professionals. The detailed rules of the competition can be found here.
- Simon Ostrovsky - Emmy-award winning documentary filmmaker and journalist (US);
- Michal Potocki - editor of Dziennik Gazeta Prawna (Poland);
- Tatiana Repkova - Founder of Media Managers Club (Slovakia);
- Andrei Aliaksandrau - chief editor of Belarusian Journal (Belarus);
- Attila Mong - Freelance journalist, consultant, senior editor of Visegrad Revue (Hungary).
Winners will receive:
- professional journalists (over 3 years of experience) - x3 certificates of 500 EUR for professional development (a journalist trip to Belarus, paid educational programs, equipment, etc.);
- beginner journalists (under 3 years of experience) - x3 certificates of 300 EUR for professional development (a journalist trip to Belarus, paid educational programs, equipment, etc.).
All the winners of the competition will be invited to a 3-day workshop in Minsk with members of the jury, international experts, and journalists.
Please, send your articles translated to English, which is the main language of the competition. However, jury members will also be able to read your articles in German, Hungarian, French, Slovak, Czech, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian, and Belarusian and recommend the best articles for translation.
Belarus in Focus Information Office accepts articles published between January 1st, 2016 and December 31st, 2016. The deadline for applications is January, 22nd 2017. You can submit your articles here.
The official website of the competition.