British Embassy in Belarus seeks Deputy Communications Manager
The British Embassy in Belarus is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for one Deputy Communications Manager A2(L) based in Minsk.
Possessing a keen interest in the current affairs in politics, economy, and society, the job holder must own a clear understanding of the social media and current Belarusian media scene, and be able to act autonomously without close supervision.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
• Monitoring and reporting on current affairs based on the media reports, particularly online.
• Managing the British Embassy website and social media accounts.
• Managing one member of staff.
• Interpreting and translating.
• Backing up the provider of consular services.
• Assisting with the organisation of public events, including Ambassador’s speeches, workshops, briefings and receptions and minor official procurement for such events.
Required Experience & Skills
• University degree (in Journalism, Public Relations, Communication, or other related).
• Previous professional experience in Public Relations or Communications linked roles will be highly valued.
• Fluent English essential (both written and oral) and native Russian and Belarusian. Language skills will be tested at interview.
• Knowledge of web editing, preferably with experience of working with CMS and digital imaging software.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels.
• Organisational and self-management skills.
• Previous experience in team management is desirable.
• Key FCO competences: Leading and Communicating; Collaborating and partnering; Delivering at Pace; Managing a Quality Service.
Terms and Conditions
This is a permanent full-time position, five working days, 36 hours net per week (flexible with core hours).
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Belarus are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Belarus employment law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Belarus. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
All applicants should submit their CV (in English, up to 2 pages) and Covering Letter (in English no more than 1 page of A4, Arial 11) setting out their motivations for the role and how they meet the above criteria. Applicants should also provide one reference letter.
Applications should be sent to: jobapplications.BLR@fco.gov.uk and the email subject line must be formatted as follows: BLR125.
The closing date for applications is 23:59 (UK Time) 24 March.
Kindly note that your application will only be considered if:
1. Your application has been sent within the time frame requested.
2. Your application documents are fully in English.
3. Your application documents are in .pdf format.
The Embassy only contact candidates selected for interview. If you do not hear from them you should assume that your application has not been successful.
Please be advised that the Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.