EU Delegation to Azerbaijan Launches Call for Proposals
The European Union Delegation to Azerbaijan has open a call for proposal in the frames of the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR)-Country Based Support Scheme (CBSS) 2014 and Support to civil society programme 2014 (European Neighbourhood Instrument). Deadline for submission of the concept notes: 12.08.2015
1.2. OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME AND PRIORITY ISSUES
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to strengthen the role and capacities of civil society in Azerbaijan in the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms.
The specific objectives of this Call for Proposals are:
1) To promote and protect the rights of vulnerable groups (including internally displaced persons, refugees
and asylum seekers, ethnic and religious minorities, sexual minorities, children and youth, people with
disabilities, the elderly, HIV/AIDS positive etc);
2) To promote and protect economic, social and cultural rights, such as, but not limited to, the right to
education, health, property, adequate living standards including the right to social services;
3) To promote non-discrimination and equality, including gender equality and equality for persons
belonging to minorities and vulnerable groups;
4) To promote tolerance and combat fundamentalism and violent extremism.
The actions should be based on a prior coordination with local stakeholders and should ensure their
involvement during all the stages of the implementation of the action (this element will be evaluated in the context of section 1.2 of the Concept Note evaluation grid).
Applicants are encouraged to integrate in their proposals particular added-value elements such as:
• Capacity development of CSOs and/or target groups;
• Targeting the regions outside of Baku.
The inclusion of these elements will be evaluated in the context of section 1.4 of the Concept Note
1.3. FINANCIAL ALLOCATION PROVIDED BY THE CONTRACTING AUTHORITY
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals is EUR 2,945,500. The
Contracting Authority reserves the right not to award all available funds. This amount can be increased
should more funds become available.
Size of grants
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
• Minimum amount: EUR 200,000
• Maximum amount: EUR 400,000
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum percentages of total eligible costs of the action:
• Minimum percentage: 50 % of the total eligible costs of the action.
• Maximum percentage 90 % of the total eligible costs of the action
For more information please visit: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/online-services/index.cfm?do=publi.welcome&nbPubliList=15&orderby=upd&orderbyad=Desc&searchtype=RS&aofr=136999&userlanguage=en
Source: EU Delegation to Azerbaijan