European Diplomacy Workshop 2014 (Poland)
The European Diplomacy Workshop (EDW) is a week-long, first in Europe program devoted solely to the Eastern Partnership, European Neighborhood Policy and European Union Foreign Policy. Based on workshops from experts in the fields of EU Foreign Policy (Eastern Partnership and European Neighborhood Policy), and hands-on skills training in International Negotiations, Strategic Planning and Leadership, the European Diplomacy Workshop is designed for emerging political and social leaders, public servants and non-governmental representatives who are eager to learn how to influence the changing context of their country.
The European Diplomacy Workshop (EDW) is organized by EAD in cooperation with Konrad Adenauer Stiftung.
• Providing the participants with an comprehensive understanding in the fields of EU Foreign Policy, Eastern Partnership and Russia & EU relations;
• Giving participants opportunities to broaden their EU and regional specific knowledge and acquire and practice essential skills necessary for shaping the modern world;
• Establishing a forum for exchanging experiences and enhancing cooperation between leaders from Europe, Asia, and the Middle East;
• Development of expert level knowledge and communication skills;
• Reinforce negotiations and decision-making skills.
• 48 hours of rigorous lecturers, seminars, workshops, study visits and simulations;
• Unique combination of practice and theory, allowing participants to both participate in traditional lectures and engage in the learning process;
• Stimulation of the participant’s engagement by way of discussions and presentations;
• Meetings with top-level EU officials and diplomats. Previous editions have met with Senator Richard Lugar, Professor Danuta Huebner (MEP), Minister Bernard Kouchner, Secretary General Javier Solana, Minister Borys Tarsyuk and President Lech Walesa;
• Workshop on multilateral negotiation and leadership skills.
• Emerging political and social leaders who want to make difference in their country;
• Internationally minded persons who are interested in public service and have passion for serving their fellow countrymen;
• Professionals eager to acquire the leadership training and skills to take on the world’s most demanding issues;
• Highly motivated students who are dedicated to mastering the practice of international relations;
The European Academy of Diplomacy is proud to have more than 150 alumni from the EDW from 30 different countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Canada, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, the United States).
All applications are required to submit a current CV (in Europass format) till the 28th of September 2014.
Scholarship results notification: 3 October 2014. Application form is here.
Unless otherwise specifically stated, the European Diplomacy Workshop is held in the conference rooms of the European Academy of Diplomacy located in Warsaw, Poland: European Academy of Diplomacy, Ul. Oleandrow, 6, 00-629 Warsaw PL.