Forum:Youth Cooperation Beyond Borders
Where and When: Baku, 28 - 30 October 2012
Exploring the impact of six years of the YiA programme with Neighbouring Partner Countries
The three SALTO Resource Centres working with the neighbouring regions of the Youth in Action programme - SALTO EECA, EuroMed and SEE - together with the National Agencies of France, Poland and Slovenia are organising a forum to explore the impact of the Programme in the frame of the cooperation with the neighbouring regions.
The forum will be co-rganised and hosted by the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Republic of Azerbaijan together with the Ministry's Youth Foundation.
Aim and objectives
The forum aims to develop recognition of the importance of the international youth cooperation in the field of non-formal education between Programme and Neighbouring Partner Countries.
The specific objectives are:
- To present and discuss needs and achievements identified by research carried out by the regional SALTO Resource Centres on the impact of the Youth in Action programme on:
- Development of organisations and their youth practice and youth work in general (in Programme and Neighbouring Partner Countries)
- Communities (in Programme and NPC)
- Youth policy development in the regions
- To develop recognition of achievements
- To prepare conclusions and suggestions and feedback for future steps
The three-day programme will include presentation of the outcomes of impact studies carried out by SALTO as well as various discussion groups and workshops focusing on cross-cutting topics of relevance or with a geographical focus (such as impact of the Youth in Action programme on local communities, policy developments, development of the youth sector, recognition of non-formal learning etc.).
Date and venue
The Forum program predicts three full working days, from 28th to 30th October 2012. Arrival on 27th October, departure on 31st October.
Place: Baku, Azerbaijan
The Forum will bring together up to 100 participants from Programme Countries and the Neighbouring Partner Countries, who have experienced the Programme either as beneficiaries or as support persons.
- youth workers, leaders, trainers, accreditors, Contact Points, multipliers as well as institutional representatives of National Agencies, national authorities and other relevant institutions working in the youth field in Programme, Balkan, EECA and MEDA countries
- available to actively attend the full duration of the Forum
- able to communicate in English, the working language of the seminar
- above 18 years old
Registration for institutional representatives
Representatives of youth policy making institutions (both governmental and non-governmental) from Programme Countries and the Neighbouring Partner Countries are welcome to take part in the Forum.
- The board and lodging during the Forum for all participants will be provided by organisers,
- Flight travel as well as visa costs of participants will be covered fully by organisers
Learn more at https://www.salto-youth.net/about/events/forum-ycbb/