Global Forum on Youth Policies in Baku
Global Forum on Youth Policies seeks to bring together around 700 participants in Baku, Azerbaijan, 28-30 October 2014. This Forum is open for youth policy practitioners, youth activists and representatives of youth-led organisations working on youth policy. Global Forum on Youth Policies unites policymakers, civil society organisations, experts, academia, youth advocates, parliamentarians and UN agencies. 200 youth policy practitioners will be selected based on the open call.
Global Forum on Youth Policies is a multi-stakeholder opportunity to assess the state of youth policy, organised by the UN Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth, UNDP, UNESCO and the Council of Europe.
Eligible candidates include:
• youth policy practitioners;
• youth activists and members of youth movements working on youth policy;
• representatives/experts of youth-led organizations, civil society organizations, and networks
working on youth policy;
• research experts from institutes, universities and think tanks with a focus on youth policy;
• development experts from organizations, agencies and institutions in the youth sector;
• drogramming experts from donors active in supporting policy change in the youth field.
• preferably be aged 18-35;
• be able to communicate professionally in English;
• be experienced in formulation, implementation and/or monitoring of youth policy at the national, regional or global level.