Global Fund for Women
Global Fund for Women invests in women’s groups that advance the human rights of women and girls. They value local expertise and believe that women themselves know best how to determine their needs and propose solutions for lasting change and continue to defend and expand hard-won gains in women’s rights by focusing on three critical areas:
- Zero Violence,
- Economic & Political Empowerment,
- Sexual & Reproductive Health & Rights.
The group must meet all the following criteria to be eligible for a grant:
- it is based in a country outside the United States,
- its primary focus is advancing women’s equality and human rights, with these goals clearly reflected in its activities,
- it is a group of women working together,
- it is governed, directed, and led by women.
The Global Fund for Women provides grants ranging from $5 000 to $30 000 per year for operating and project expenses. First-time grant awards generally range from $5 000 to $13 000 per year.
To apply for the grant, please, follow this weblink. Dealine is December 15, 2014.