THE APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ON A ROLLING BASIS AND ARE REVIEWED WHEN THE NEED IN THE OFFICE ARISES.
TO APPLY, KINDLY UPLOAD THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS on-line:
- a duly completed “UNDP internship application form”;
- a copy of the most recent resume or curriculum vitae;
- a letter from the university confirming current enrollment and graduation date;
- a copy of school transcript;
- a letter of endorsement from a senior faculty member who has directly supervised the student in the recent past and who is fully acquainted with the student's performance; and
- a brief paper setting out the reasons why a student is seeking an internship with UNDP and what is expected from the experience.
Purpose of UNDP’s Internship Programme is to:
- provide a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to UNDP offices, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments;
- expose them to an international environment;
- expose them to work of the Organization with the objective of deepening their knowledge and understanding of UNDP goals, principles and activities; and
- provide UNDP offices with the assistance of qualified students specialized in various professional fields.
Financial aspects, expenses and medical benefits:
- The Internship Programme operates on a non-remunerative basis. Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of the intern or his sponsoring institution or government.
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for the medical insurance for the intern or for any costs arising from accidents and/or illness during the internship period. Applicants are required to provide evidence of adequate medical insurance coverage.
- UNDP is not responsible for any claims by an intern or third party in the case of loss or damage to property or death or personal injury as a result of actions or omissions on the part of the intern during the internship period.
During the internship session, interns will be provided with a desk, phone and computer access.
Further Career Opportunities:
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNDP but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
- Should an offer of employment be envisaged, a 3-month break, from the end of the internship, must be respected.
- Interns cannot apply for posts during the period of internship.