Japanese Government Scholarships for 2015 (Undergraduate Students)
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate students under the Japanese Government Scholarship Program for 2015 as follows. Interested students may choose one of the respective areas of study:
-Social sciences and Humanities - In this area you can choose between: Social sciences and Humanities A (Laws, Politics, Pedagogy, Sociology, Literature, History, Japanese language, and others) and Social sciences and Humanities B (Economics, and Business Administration);
- Natural sciences - There are three paths: Natural sciences A: Science (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry), Electric and Electronic Studies (Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Information Engineering), Mechanical Studies (Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture), Civil Engineering and Architecture (Civil Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Engineering), Chemical Studies (Applied Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Textile Engineering), and other fields (Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Biotechnology), Natural sciences B: (Agriculture, Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, Forestry, Food Science, Fisheries), Hygienic studies (Pharmacy, Hygienics, Nursing), and Science (Biology) and Natural Sciences C: Medicine, and Dentistry.
The studying language will be Japanese. For that each grantee will be enrolled at a preparatory school for a 1-year intensive course in the Japanese language and other subjects necessary for preparation for proceeding to university.
- have the nationality of a country which has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government,
- be born between 2 April 1993 – 1 April 1998,
- either have completed a 12-year regular course of school education or have graduated from a school equivalent to an upper secondary school in Japan,
- be willing to learn the Japanese language and deepen their understanding on Japan,
- be physically and mentally healthy enough to pursue study at a university in Japan,
- acquire "College Student" visas before entering Japan (the visas should be issued at the Japanese diplomatic mission, located in the country of applicants,
- be able to arrive in Japan between the 1st and 7th of April 2015.
The Japanese Government will provide:
- Monthly fee of 117 000 Japanese yens (1 125 US dollars),
- Travel fee to and from Japan,
- Accommodation at the Universities campus.
Applicants must submit the following documents to the Japanese diplomatic mission by 30 November 2014. The submitted documents will not be returned.
You need the following documents:
- Application Form (by the prescribed forms),
- Placement Preference Form (prescribed form for applicants for direct placement only),
- Photographs (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm, Upper body, Full-faced, Uncapped) taken within the past 6 months (name and nationality should be written on the reverse photo to be pasted onto the application documents, digital photographs also acceptable),
- Academic transcript for the past 3 years,
- Recommendation from the principal or the adviser of the last school attended,
- Graduation certificate of the last school attended (or certificate of expected graduation for an applicant due to graduate)
- Certificate of passage of university entrance qualification examination (if applicable),
- Certificate of enrollment (for an applicant currently enrolled in a university),
- Medical certificate (on the prescribed form).
An additional information you can find only at the Japanese diplomatic mission in your country. For general information, please, visit the official website.