Job Opportunity at EaP Civil Society Forum Secretariat
The Secretariat of the Steering Committee of the Eastern Partnership (EaP) Civil Society Forum is looking to appoint a full-time Communications Manager.
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum was established in 2009 and aims to support Eastern European countries' sustainable reform process with a view to accelerating their political association and economic integration with the EU. The Forum strengthens the diversity and plurality of public discourse and policymaking by holding governments and public authorities accountable to the commitments made in the joint declaration of the Prague Eastern Partnership summit, signed by the EU and the governments of the six Partner countries.
Communications Manager’s Profile
Communications Manager will have:
- a good knowledge of communication tools,
- good understanding of the workings of the EU institutions, bilateral and multi-lateral tracks of the Eastern Partnership, and civil society in the EaP,
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, European Studies, International Relations or other related field,
- Fluent in English and Russian and able to interact verbally and in writing with professionalism,
- Capacity to draft clear and concise correspondence and effectively convey messages in English and Russian,
- Good understanding of website management and social media,
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in an international setting (consultancy, NGO, or an international organisation) with at least 2 years of working experience in Brussels,
- Independent, problem solver, team player,
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills,
- Multi-tasker with strong organisational skills,
- Flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small office,
- Ability to travel occasionally to the EaP partner countries and within Europe,
- Ability to start not later than early February 2015.
Under the guidance of Secretariat’s Director Communications Manager shall:
- successfully communicate the activities of the Forum;
- manage the information flows to the Steering Committee (SC), Working Groups (WGs), National Platforms (NPs), and participants of the Civil Society Forum;
- develop and implement communication plans with the goal of increasing the visibility of the Forum and in optimizing the internal information flows towards the participants.
- develop website and social media content and provide regular updates to the organisation’s website, Facebook, Twitter, and other accounts in English and Russian;
- write, proofread and edit all types of information material provided by the Forum to its members and external stakeholders in coordination with Advocacy and Membership Manager (statements, press releases, speeches, position papers, website content, newsletters, publications, etc.);
- maintain strong relationships with media representatives, relevant stakeholders and our participants;
- respond to press and other enquiries;
- maintain and update a database of journalists and media contacts;
- support the organisation of Steering Committee meetings and other events;
- other duties as assigned by the Director.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and Motivation Letter to: email@example.com with the reference: "Communications Manager". The deadline to apply is January 27, 2015. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The interviews will be conducted in Brussels or via Skype in early February. For more details see the webpage.