Job Opportunity: PASOS is looking for a Director
The Policy Association for an Open Society (PASOS) is a network association of policy centers from Central Eastern Europe and Central Asia. PASOS promotes open society values, including democracy, rule of law, good governance, respect for and protection of human rights, economic and social development.
With over 35 members, PASOS has a strong record of policy research and advocacy. It has secured many large scale multi-annual projects from a range of public, private and international sources. The Director will be responsible for continuing this work, by ensuring the sound management of existing projects, and where appropriate, expanding and developing new opportunities for members.
The Director will initiate new projects and partnerships that will strengthen the quality of ties between members and offer valuable opportunities for prominent policy research and advocacy. He/she will implement the network's strategic plan through annual work plans, endorsed by the General Assembly and the Board, whose activities, the Director will support.
The Director will have a key role in representing the network to relevant national and international organizations. He/she should have strong analytical skills, excellent communication as well as proven organizational and management abilities.
With a secretariat based in Prague (Czech Republic), the Director manages its operations and is responsible for its finances, including drafting an annual budget and preparing detailed narrative and financial reports. He/she has responsibility for the smooth running of the Secretariat ensuring quality control, efficient task allocation and delivery. The Director has reasonability for maintaining internal and external communication flow, including disseminating information relevant to Association’s goals, including publishing.
The Director is responsible for organizing the Annual Assembly, meetings of the PASOS Board as well as major events of the network such as conferences, seminars, and training workshops.
- Advanced University Degree,
- At least 5 years’ experience in the administrative and financial management of a 'think tank' or similar institution,
- Track record in working with government or international organization,
- Demonstrated experience with network organisations,
- Experience in transition countries,
- to develop and to implement advocacy actions targeting EU programs/institutions,
- to build working relationships with EU stakeholders,
- Significant experience in developing project ideas, strategic documents, writing proposals, managing complex projects with different partners (including EU funded projects), implementing results,
- Communication skills (ability to express oneself clearly and precisely, orally and in writing),
- Willingness to travel frequently,
- Very good knowledge of English language.
- Academic experience,
- Publication record,
- Russian language.
- Competitive salary,
- Performance-based bonuses,
- 3-year contract, with possibility of extension.
The application deadline is May 4th, 2015. Please, send your CV and a covering letter including your statement of interest at: firstname.lastname@example.org.