Job Vacancy: Cash Transfers Administrator at UNDP (Belarus)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Belarus is supporting national economic effort through the programmes of Economic and Regional Development portfolio. Economic portfolio projects are designed to enhance the economy of Belarus and improve business environment in the country.
Some of the projects contain extensive grants (initiatives) component as a part of their activities. Grants are distributed according to UNDP modalities on competitive basis and include state entities and NGOs as recipients. Primarily grants are processed by project staff and submitted to UNDP Belarus Country Office for further verification.
Cash Transfers Administrator will be placed at UNDP CO and under the direct supervision of UNDP Programme Officer, he/she will provide services on collection of documents, related to grants, their verification and monitoring of funds distribution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides full-cycle support to grants/NEX advances distribution, processing of reports and finalization of grant activities in line with UNDP rules and procedures;
- Ensures the use of correct grant/NEX advance contract templates, verifies them against UNDP rules and procedures, monitors the changes in respective policies/procedures/templates and timely informs the project thereof;
- Receives from project personnel a full package of documents, required for financing the initiative;
- Verifies the completeness of the documents according to the check list. In case the documents package is not full, contacts project personnel and makes respective inquires;
- Reviews the Work Plan and Budget of each initiative and verifies them against the Project Document, Contest Chart and other related guidelines;
- Verifies the budget figures are correct and appropriate exchange rates are applied;
- Monitors the signing of the Contract, Work Plan and Budget by all parties involved; ensures all cash transfer approvals are received;
- Manages grants/NEX advances, verifies data correctness in Atlas;
- Ensures timely cash transfers to the selected initiatives;
- Monitors deadlines for submission of the grant/NEX advance reports and informs projects thereof;
- Reviews the reporting documents for each initiative, ensures their completeness. Verifies the documents against the signed Work Plans and Budgets. Manages the changes/reallocations/amendment in line with UNDP rules and procedures;
- Ensures completeness of all assets transfer processes and procedures;
- Ensures timely contract extensions where necessary;
- Manages project files and archives with all initiatives of the portfolio;
- Consults project personnel and funds recipients on related UNDP rules and procedures, provides a brief overview of the national legislation related to grants/NEX advance distribution;
- Participates in trainings for project personnel and funds’ recipients;
- Assists in resolving issues, related to grants/NEX advances disbursements;
- Participates in development of Guidelines and other programme documents related to grants/NEX advances distribution;
- Provides grans/NEX advance reports to the CO and headquarters staff;
- Performs any other duties within the scope of responsibilities as requested by the supervisor.
- Job knowledge and technical expertise: excellent financial and budgeting skills; ability to manage data;
- Delivery: initiative-taking and self-development skills; ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Communication: ability to listen, adapt and transform clearly and precisely; acting as a team-member, facilitating teamwork.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in economics, law, finance, administration or management or any other related area;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in accounting;
- Experience in grants/cash advances administration is an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Working knowledge of UNDP rules and regulations is a strong asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Russian.
Application Deadline: November 18, 2015. Location: Minsk, Belarus.
For more information, please, click here.