Job Vacancy: Research Fellowship in Modern Ukrainian History (Warsaw)
The College of Europe, Natolin Campus (Warsaw) is seeking applications for the position of one 12-month Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship with a starting date of August 2015. The post will be held within the framework of the European Civilization Chair, founded by the European Parliament in memory of the late Professor Bronisław Geremek. The College of Europe is looking for candidates with:
- a doctorate in History or a closely related field,
- a research interest in the history of Ukraine in the nineteenth and/or early twentieth century (to 1921),
- a proven track record of research in Eastern European history, with refereed publications,
- good team-working skills,
- a very good command of English, Ukrainian and Russian, and preferably some knowledge of Polish, German and/or French.
- undertaking research activities leading to high-level scholarly publications; as a minimum, writing a research article in the field of modern Ukrainian history and submitting it to a leading international academic journal,
- contributing to the activities of the European Civilization Chair, under the supervision of the chairholder, Professor Richard Butterwick-Pawlikowski, especially to the organization of a major conference on Eastern European history planned for the autumn of 2016,
- providing academic support for students undertaking Masters theses related to recent European history and European civilization, including regular participation in the seminar: ‘History of Europe’.
The College of Europe offers:
- an excellent academic setting,
- a 12-month contract under Polish law,
- a generous remuneration package,
- an international working environment.
Candidates should prepare a research project of up to 5 pages on a topic in the field of Ukrainian history in the 19th and/or early 20th century (to 1921).
E-mail applications in English or French, comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, the research project, a letter of motivation and two letters of reference, should be submitted by 1 May 2015 via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.