Job Vacancy: UN Coordination Analyst in Belarus
|Location :||Minsk, BELARUS|
|Application Deadline :||06-Sep-15|
|Additional Category||Millennium Development Goals|
|Type of Contract :||FTA Local|
|Post Level :||NO-B|
|Languages Required :||English Russian|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1 year with further extension based on performance results|
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE APPLYING FOR THE JOB:
- This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Belarus are eligible to apply.
- To apply for the vacancy kindly upload UNDP Personal history form. UNDP PERSONAL HISTORY FORM (P11) can be downloaded at the following link:UNDP PERSONAL HISTORY FORM
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures effective support to UNCT in finalization and implementation of country programming processes and products, including country analysis, UNDAF, joint work plans, and UN programmes focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country in coordination with relevant national counterparts.
- Participation in the work relating to the implementation of the UNDAF, including support in monitoring and evaluation within the context of the UNDAF Results Matrix and the UNDAF M&E Plan. .
- Monitoring of all Joint/Collaborative programmes/initiatives of the UNCT and provision of periodic reports as necessary.
- Identification of strengths and weaknesses in UN Agencies programmes in the context of UNDAF, UN System reform, MDGs, Post-2015 Development Agenda and Standard Operating Procedures. Preparation of high quality documents summarizing the developments in the UNDAF areas of cooperation. Provision of advice on adjusting strategies and implementation modalities.
- In close consultation with Heads of UN Agencies, coordinate efforts of UNCT to align their policies and procedures with the UNDG Standard Operating Procedures, including through providing technical support to UNDAF Results Groups Joint UN/National Steering Committee, UN thematic groups and monitoring of the Delivering as One status achievement.
- Collection of good Delivering as One practices and organization of good Delivering as One practice examples and presentation of the same through meetings, remote support and missions.
Ensures preparation and implementation of the RC Work Plan focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of proposals for funding and drafting of the RC Work Plan and reports.
- Technical support for UNCT Retreats to review the annual work plan and other UNCT meetings.
- Monitoring of the Support to the Resident Coordinator (SRC) fund and other funds dedicated to UNCT activities.
- Manage the budget on behalf of the RC, report on the use of the funds to the UN RC and prepare budget revisions for approval .
Ensures effective advocacy of UN activities in close consultation with DPI and the information/ communication focal points of the UN system focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the systematic information on RC system activities.
- Arrangement of regular forums and events on issues related to UN activities with media, NGOs, communities, etc.
- Support for implementation of media and communication strategies of the UNCT, in close consultation with DPI and the UN Communication Group.
- Monitors and drives the implementation of UNCT strategies on cooperation with external partners, youth, civil society and private sector
- Contributes inputs for speakers notes, talking points, speeches for major advocacy events of the RC system .
- Monitoring of the UN website maintenance and UN social media.
Ensures effective resource mobilization for UNDAF implementation focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development of partnerships with IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors,
- Ensure implementation and monitoring of UNCT strategies on cooperation with private sector, civil society and youth.
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of reports on donors strategies support to UNCT resource mobilization for joint initiatives.
Ensures facilitation of innovation, knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of sources of information related to coordination. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to country policy goals.
- Provision of referral services for agencies without field representation to access national institutions and processes and for national partners to access the expertise of agencies without field representation.
- Identification of innovative practices within the country and outside relevant to the work of the UNCT.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of trainings to UN staff on coordination issues, including within the context of implementing the UNDAF and the Standard Operating Procedures.
The key results have an impact on the success of the UN Country Team activities. In particular, the key results have an impact on the design and implementation of UN programme activities, strengthening of strategic partnerships for UNCT Programming including UNDAF implementation.
Read more at this link