Job Vacancy at UNDP (Minsk)
UNDP Office in Minsk is looking for qualified candidate to fill the position of Administrative and Finance Assistant "Supporting the Transition to a Green Economy in the Republic of Belarus".
Financed by the EU and implemented by UNDP, the project "Supporting the Transition to a Green Economy in the Republic of Belarus" will focus on further development and practical application of green economy principles in the country and will provide tangible support to the Government’s efforts in the field. Supporting the Republic of Belarus in generating green economic growth, including environmentally sustainable and economically feasible use of natural resources, promotion of green production and green consumption patterns, green jobs creation, changing target group’s behavior towards greater environmental sustainability.
Key function of the Administrative and Finance Assistant is to provide effective administrative and financial support services to the Project Team in accordance with respective UNDP and EU procedures to ensure successful implementation of the project with delivery of all the intended outcomes and outputs in accordance with the Project Document within the approved budget, including such duties and responsibilities as:
- Ensure administration and implementation of operational strategies, adapt processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
1) Full compliance with respective UNDP and EU rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations;
2) Implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- Ensure administration of budgets:
1) Implement the control mechanism for development projects through monitoring budgets preparation and modifications;
2) Contribute to preparation of periodic financial reports required by relevant national and/or donor procedures for project, donors, government and other parties involved in implementation and funding of activities;
3) Liaise with the UNDP Country Office to request funds transfer, verify financial reports, budget revisions, receipts of contributions.
- Provide accounting and administrative support to the project:
- Ensure proper control of the supporting documents for payments, review of financial reports for NEX advances and grants;
- Interact with sub-recipient organizations of project funds in facilitation and preparation of the financial reports and other related documentation, directing and consulting of sub-recipients on proper reporting tools;
- Ensure timely submission of expenditure reports to the UNDP Country Office and verify the accuracy of such reports;
- Prepare and submit payment requests with proper support documentation to Administrative and Finance Services Officer;
- Provide financial monitoring over project commitments and expenditures and assist the Project Manager in assuring proper project delivery;
- Control the usage of non-expendable equipment (record keeping, drawing up regular inventories);
- Perform cash custodian's duties being primarily responsible for project’s cash disbursements and maintain project’s petty cash book;
- Ensure compliance with appropriate operational and financial closure procedures, subject to the incumbent's mandate and authority;
- Prepare and submit travel documents in accordance with UNDP requirements;
- Assist in procurement of services and goods under the project where appropriate;
- Provide necessary administrative, financial and logistical support to project events, including among other workshops, seminars, working meetings and visits of national and international delegations (visa support, transportation, hotel accommodation etc.);
- Prepare meetings of the Project Steering Committee (PSC) and further follow-up, and perform secretarial duties during PSC meetings;
- Keep files of project documents and expert reports and ensure general circulation of documents;
- Act on telephone inquiries, fax, post and e-mail transmissions, and co-ordinate appointments;
- Provide translation of documents for/to English/Russian/Belarusian as required. Provide English/Russian/Belarusian interpretation during meetings on project related issues upon Project Manager request;
- Draft project correspondence and documents; finalize correspondence of administrative and financial nature; edit reports and other documents for correctness of form and content.
- Implement HR services such as:
- Assist in preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements in consultation with the Programme Manager;
- In coordination with the Country Office, provide services aimed at recruiting personnel for the project;
- Collection, preparation and submission to the Country Office of all the necessary documentation necessary for contract issuance;
- Keep regular contact with project experts and consultants to inform them about the project details and changes;
- Under Project Manager’s coordination provide services for performance evaluation review of project personnel;
- Maintain and monitor monthly and annual staff attendance records and submit them to the Country Office;
- Ensure timely preparation of documents needed for contract extension and submission them to the Country Office.
Perform any other administrative and financial duties related to the project as requested by the Project Manager.
- Excellent financial management and budgeting skills; Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Initiative-taking and self-development skills;
- Acts as a team player facilitating team work.
Required Skills and Experience:
- University degree in economics, finance, administration, management or any other related field;
- At least 2 years of relevant finance experience;
- Relevant administrative experience;
- Working knowledge of UNDP rules and regulations is a strong asset;
- Previous experience in administering UNDP-EU projects is a strong asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Russian and/or Belarusian.
Duration of Initial Contract is one year with possible extension up to three years. Deadline is December 11, 2014. To apply follow this web-link. For more information, please, visit the official webpage.