Marie Curie Post-doctoral Research Fellowships
The European Respiratory Society presents the Respire-2 Post-doctoral Research Fellowships Programme co-funded by the European Union under the People Marie Curie Actions Cofund programme of the EU’s Seventh Research Framework Programme.
Respire-2 Fellowships are funded with the objectives of enabling scientists, investigators and clinicians from any discipline, as well as allied healthcare professionals, with advanced research records, to carry out basic, translational, or clinical research projects in the field of respiratory science through a 24-month work period in a foreign country in Europethus strengthening the fellows’ scientific mobile careers and furthering top-research in the respiratory specialty.
The candidates must:
- hold a doctoral degree or demonstrate having at least the equivalent of 4 years full-time research experience at the time of application;
- have at least one first-author publication published in an international peer-reviewed journal;
- be experienced researchers from any discipline of respiratory science/medicine and beyond to domains incl. immunology, modelling and systems biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, mathematics, engineering, etc.;
- have appropriate scientific, medical qualifications (academic) and/or experience (professional), and/or be engaged in relevant research science practice.
- Meaningful length of fellowships (2 years);
- Attractive compensation to fellows (€50,000 per fellow-year);
- Allowing for travel, mobility & career development costs during the fellowship (€14,600 per fellow-year);
- Career development oriented host institution requirements;
- Training events in scientific and non-scientific skills;
- Scientific and admin/process mentoring;
- Encouraging return from a career break – pre-evaluation review of applications;
- Specific post scheme network in a large scientific society.
Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted in English online by 31 October 2014.
For more information visit the website.