Model United Nations: Rome 2015
The Rome Model United Nations conference will take place in Rome (Italy) from the 14th to the 18th of March 2015, in cooperation with eminent national and international institutional organizations and UN agencies based in Italy, which will host the event.
Over 2000 delegates coming from more than 100 countries and 5 continents will represent the UN member states in ten different UN committees.
- ECOSOC "Sustainable development in the framework of the post-2015 agenda, the role of NGOs and civil society";
- GA ECOFIN "Adapting the agriculture development to insure food security and nutrition goals. Advances, Priorities and Regulations";
- GA SOCHUM "Eradicating extreme poverty and hunger through gender equality and women empowerment in post 2015";
- SECURITY COUNCIL "Weather warfare. Natural resources as a cause of conflict and the use of weather modification techniques for military purposes";
- ICJ "Germany v. Italy, Question on Jurisdictional Immunities of the State";
- FAO "How to feed the world 2050. Creating a sustainable framework to manage food-security and to combat poverty";
- CEU "A new framework for food waste and food loss";
- UNESCO "Education and awareness on nutrition problems. How to mobilize commitment to solve them";
- UNEP 'Impact of climate change on biodiversity";
- UNICEF "How to combat extreme children malnutrition" (this committee will be entirely conducted in Italian).
- Delegate: Take the challenge and represent one of the UN members, deal with the most relevant issues of our time. Prepare yourself, have talks with your colleague and achieve a final resolution reflecting your position;
- Journalist: Work as a real journalist of a famous International network like Al-Jazeera, BBC, CCTV, FRance-24, RussiaToday, RTVE Canal 24 oras. You will have the chance to write articles, interview delegates and the keynote speakers of Rome Model UN 2015;
- Translator: Speak one of the official languages of the UN, in addition to English. Participate as translator for resolutions, interviews and videos produced during RomeMUN 2015 and as interpreter for the news-networks represented at Rome Model UN 2015.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must be enrolled in:
- Bachelor's programs;
- Postgraduate Program;
- Master of I or II Level;
- Graduated students (no more than one year after graduation);
- Last year upper secondary school (200 seats available).