The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) Grants for NGOs
Each year the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) makes direct grants to hundreds of nongovernmental organizations worldwide working to advance democratic goals and strengthen democratic institutions. NED funds only non-governmental organizations, which may include civic organizations, associations, independent media, and other similar organizations.
Grant amounts vary depending on the size and scope of the projects, but the average grant lasts 12 months is around $50,000.
The National Endowment for Democracy is interested in proposals from local, independent organizations for programs that seek to:
- strengthen a broad-based market economy;Promote and defend human rights and the rule of law;
- promote civic education;
- support freedom of information and independent media;
- promote and defend human rights and the rule of law;
- strengthen democratic ideas and values, etc.
All applications must include the following items:
- Proposal Cover Sheet;
- Proposal Narrative;
- Interim Assessment (for renewal proposals only);
- Proposal Budget;
- Registration Documents (if applicable).
Deadline is 3 October 2014.
Before applying, please, read the Online Application Instructions. For more information, please, visit the official website.