Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Iran
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) for the advancement of science in developing countries and Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology are inviting applications for the TWAS-IROST postdoctoral fellowship programme. Fellowships are available for young scientists from developing countries who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural sciences at the Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology (IROST) in Iran.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2014 is open to PhD holders in a field of science and/or technology. Fellowship covers accommodation, medical care, research expenses and a monthly allowance for food, local transport, pocket money and other personal needs in Iran. Fellowships are awarded in the field of natural sciences (Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences and Physics) at the Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology (IROST).
The applicant must:
- be permanent resident in a developing country (other than Iran);
- not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Iran or any developed country;
- hold a PhD degree in a field of science and/or technology completed less than 5 years ago;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to their home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
- be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment there;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English.
The call for applications is open until 15 September 2014. Applicants should submit the preliminary acceptance letter from an IROST department to TWAS when applying. For more information see the official website.