UNDP in Belarus is looking for an Executive Associate
UNDP in Belarus is looking for an Executive Associate.
Deadline: October 30, 2016.
Duty Station: Minsk, Belarus.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Resident Representative/Resident Coordinator (RR/RC) and Deputy Resident Representative (DRR), the Executive Associate ensures effective and efficient functioning of RC office, provides support to Deputy Resident Representative and ensures full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made.
The Executive Associate can supervise the secretarial and clerical staff of the office. The Executive Associate works in close collaboration with RC office, UNDP staff, UN Agencies and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, agendas.
Required Skills and Experience:
1) Secondary Education with specialized secretarial training. University Degree or equivalent would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
2) 6 years of progressively responsible administrative and/or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
3) Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web based management systems.
4) Fluency in English and Russian. Knowledge of the Belarusian language is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the RR/RC office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Management of the RC/RR’s office, ensuring an environment of professionalism and teamwork at all times, and setting exemplary standards of conduct for the office team.
- Adherence to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines by the office team when communicating with Government and other external partners.
- Visa, accreditation and registration support to the RC and DRR and their visitors, as well as international staff.
- Organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings; preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues; follow-up with focal points.
- Management of RR/RC’s and DRR’s missions and representation schedule.
- Efficient and discreet management of the RR/RC’s and DRR’sschedules and transport requirements.
- Coordination of preparation and submission of high quality briefing materials for supervisors for appointments, meetings, missions.
- Preparation of informal translations and acting as an interpreter when required.
- Updating the contact list of embassies and UN Country Team.
- Keeping the database of the RC and DRR contacts through the use of the electronic business card directory.
- Preparation of correspondence on behalf of RR/RC and DRR for his/her signature and making follow-up when required.
- Use of automated office management systems for effective functioning of the RR/RC office.
- Maintenance of the RC and DRR attendance records in the hard copy and ensuring proper reflection in Atlas.
Ensures provision of effective communications support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Establishment of an effective network and exchange of information with internal partners and important business clients.
- Coordination of the information flow in the office.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and prioritization of items requiring the RC’s and DRR’s attention.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Highly organized individual with a positive attitude who thrives in a creative environment
- Professional demeanor with excellent people and communications skills
For more information, please, click here.