UNFPA is Looking for Communication Specialist in Country Office (Belarus)
Type/Duration: Service Contract
Duty Station: Minsk, Belarus
Duration of contract: 6 months with possible extension
UNFPA is seeking suitable candidates for the position of Communication Specialist in the UNFPA Country Office.
The Communication Specialist is located in UNFPA Country Office (CO) in Minsk and reports to the Assistant Representative. Under the supervision and guidance of the UNFPA Assistant Representative, the Communication Specialist will implement the Country Office communication strategy based on UNFPA’s Global Communication Strategy and priority themes of Country Programme, priorities of the UN country team, and the political context in the country. The Specialist will promote UNFPA Country Office’s (CO) work and policies among partners, international and local media
We are looking for candidates who have:
Knowledge and experience
· University degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Social Science or other relevant subjects;
· Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in communication; media, broadcast, media relations or public relations, including building and maintaining relationships with journalists; researching stories; organizing press conferences; writing press releases and news for web site and social media;
· Work experience in the UN or other international development organization, understanding of the UN policies and operations is an asset;
· Experience of internal communications including communication of key corporate messages;
· Experience of managing the production of printed material, including brochures, leaflets, briefing third party designers/printers to ensure corporate brand and style is met;
· Experience in planning and managing public events;
· Good facilitation and coordination skills, demonstrated ability to work in an independent manner;
· Excellent computer/information systems skills;
Excellent command of English, Belarusian and/or Russian
· Values/guiding principles;
· developing people;
· Building and managing relationships;
· Personal leadership.
· Results-based programme development and management – Contributes to achievement of results through primary research and analysis and effective monitoring of programme/ project implementation. Uses analytical skills to identify opportunities for project development and participates in formulation of proposals ensuring substantive rigour in the design and application of proven successful approaches.
· Innovation and marketing of new approaches – enhances existing processes and products. Documents and analyzes innovative strategies, best practices and new approaches. Adapts quickly to change.
· Leveraging the resources of partners/ Building strategic alliances and partnerships – Establishes, maintains and utilizes a broad network of contacts to keep abreast of developments and to share information. Analyzes selected materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders.
· Resource mobilization – Provides inputs to resource mobilization strategies analyzing and maintaining information and databases on donors and developing database of project profiles for presentation to donors.
To read more and apply, please visit: http://www.by.undp.org/content/belarus/en/home/operations/jobs/
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS – 15 July 2015
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.