The Vanderbilt International Summer Research Program 2015
The Vanderbilt International Summer Research Academy (VISRA) is an international scholar program that supports international undergraduate students who desire a taste of biomedical research at a high caliber US University. If you are selected for this highly competitive program, you will be matched with a Vanderbilt faculty scientist and you will work on a research project in their lab during your time at Vanderbilt.
You can find a complete list of all Vanderbilt University Medical Center faculty here. The 2015 program will run from June 8 until August 1, 2015.
Applicants should have:
- a strong desire to pursue an advanced (PhD) degree and should be highly motivated to learn,
- completed at least 2 years of university studies, achieving high grades,
- excellent English language skills.
Applicants cannot be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
The Program covers:
- Round-trip airplane ticket,
- Transportation to and from the Nashville airport,
- A stipend of $3,000.00 to help you pay other expenses (meals, local transportation, etc.) during VISRA,
- Health insurance as required to meet US immigration regulations.