2016 3rd Republican Social Forum: Social Innovations Against Modern Challenges
3rd Republican Social Forum will take place in Minsk on April 21-22, 2016.
Partners of the event:
- ODB Brussels, Belgium (non-profit organization).
- ACT, Belarus (International Educational Non-Governmental Organization).
- Office for European Expertise and Communication, Belarus (Educational organization).
The purpose of the Forum is to determine the main directions and priorities for the development of social sphere innovations in Belarus.
Guests of the Forum will learn about modern trends of social sphere development, define such notions as "social economy", "social innovation" and "social investment", "social entrepreneurship", etc.
Thematic sections of the Forum:
1. Innovations in the Development of the Social Services Sector: palliative care for children, working with domestic violence victims, HIV prevention, fighting AIDS and tuberculosis.
2. Forms and Types of Activities in the Social Sphere: social entrepreneurship, development of crowdfunding tools for socially significant projects, etc.
3. UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities - First Steps Towards
Implementation: full participation of people with disabilities in social life, elimination of discrimination and social integration, mobility, national implementation mechanism for the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in Belarus.
The Forum participants will discuss the development of the social service sector in Belarus in view of innovation, the expansion of the range of social services provided by non-profit organizations to vulnerable groups, the issues of the state social service commissioning and budget funding, the role of business in the resolution of social problems, the development of social entrepreneurship and the search for new sources of funding for social services.
The programme of the Forum includes master classes, exhibitions and presentations, press conferences, etc.
The following actors are welcome to take part:
- Belarusian and foreign non-governmental non-profit organizations;
- Local and national governments;
- Belarusian and foreign experts;
- Commercial organizations.
Political parties and movements cannot take part in the event.
The deadline for online registration is April 3, 2016.
For more information please call (017) 297 69 22 (Ms. Tatsiana Bernyakovich, Ms. Natallia Girys).